[Gta04-owner] graphics speed drop in 3.3 and 3.4 kernels

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu May 31 20:48:38 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:00:24AM +0200, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi,
> after some time on 3.3 and 3.4 kernel i installed now 3.2 kernel and i was
> quite surprised about the graphics or maybe overall speed difference.
>
> 3.2 kernel is much faster. You can easily check this on debian squeeze:
>
> 	apt-get install mplayer
> 	wget http://activationrecord.net/radekp/pub/impossible_is_nothing2.mp4
>
> 	cat > ~/.mplayer/config << __END__
> vo=fbdev2
> ao=alsa
> [default]
> afm=ffmpeg
> vfm=ffmpeg
> vf=scale=480:640
> sws=0
> __END__
>
> 	mplayer impossible_is_nothing2.mp4
>
> With 3.2 kernel it plays nice, with 3.3 and 3.4 i get like 1 fps.

It was playing nice for me on latest SHR image with 3.4 and
MPlayer2 2.0-379-ge3f5043 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team

but always after first 20-30s it got stuck and I had to ^C mplayer2
MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: sleep_timer

When playing it for 5th time, I also got something like 1 fps or less
(without changing anything).

But this can be some bug in mplayer2 binary I'm using..

Cheers,