[Gta04-owner] bad wifi performance in kernel 3.3 but not with 2.6.32

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue May 22 23:07:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

> > Is this with WEP or WPA? Try changing this to the other mode.
> >
> That was with WPA. But I'll set up another accesspoint for testing soon.

I have tested with a Dlink DI-524 again, just with one computer connected to it
via lan and the gta04 via wifi.
WPA2/WEP/no encription.

Still the same picture. High speed with 2.6.32, low speed with 3.3/3.2
with 1m distance to the accesspoint.

I have tested with an older fritzbox (my ap at home) using WPA2-PSK,
some more high-end cisco accesspoints using WPA-PEAP-EAP/MSCHAPv2
and also a linksys ap using WPA2-PSK

I do not believe that I live in a world of misconfigured networks.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade