[Gta04-owner] GTA04 on Replicant - Website update

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat May 19 10:22:38 CEST 2012

Hi Paul,

Am 19.05.2012 um 09:40 schrieb calypso at riseup.net:

> Hallo,
> news from Replicant with an updated Status page:
> http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Status

That is good!

> And my question from the replicant-mailinglist attached:
>
> Le jeudi 17 mai 2012 ? 18:38 +0200, calypso at riseup.net a ?crit :
>> I just wondered if Replicant is looking for Betatesters since there
> were
>> announcements at the gta04-owner-list and on your website.
>
> Well, we are not particularly looking for beta-testers yet as most
> components aren't working already (there is not a lot to test
> currently).
>
>> Do you already have a roadmap or timeline for gta04 implementation ?
>
> Things are going slowly as I'm the only one involved, and it is hard for

Hm. I think there might be some AoF people around
who might be interested in getting newer hardware for the future.

And, AFAIK, there is still the offer by some community member
to donate a free GTA04 board (from the group tour) to another
Replicant developer.

> me to find time to improve things significantly on a daily basis.
> To keep you posted: I'm currently working on the audio part. I have
> nearly achieved the output part (the android music player works, etc)

++ I think getting a music player work is an important milestone.

> but I still need a way to detect headphones plug and input is more
> problematic as I need audio downsampling. That will be done though, and
> certainly before the end of this week.
>
> Next steps will be: power management, battery/backlight support and
> graphics speed improvement. I think we will release a set of images at
> this point. Then, we'll add support for the "hardest" parts, Modem/3G
> and Wifi/Bluetooth, along with GPS and sensors. This is going to take
> much longer and we'll probably release images when significant progress
> is made.

Yes, please do some "release early and often" strategy.