[Gta04-owner] GTA04 on Replicant - Website update

calypso at riseup.net calypso at riseup.net
Sat May 19 09:40:08 CEST 2012

Hallo,
news from Replicant with an updated Status page:
http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Status

And my question from the replicant-mailinglist attached:

Le jeudi 17 mai 2012 ? 18:38 +0200, calypso at riseup.net a ?crit :
> I just wondered if Replicant is looking for Betatesters since there
were
> announcements at the gta04-owner-list and on your website.

Well, we are not particularly looking for beta-testers yet as most
components aren't working already (there is not a lot to test
currently).

> Do you already have a roadmap or timeline for gta04 implementation ?

Things are going slowly as I'm the only one involved, and it is hard for
me to find time to improve things significantly on a daily basis.
To keep you posted: I'm currently working on the audio part. I have
nearly achieved the output part (the android music player works, etc)
but I still need a way to detect headphones plug and input is more
problematic as I need audio downsampling. That will be done though, and
certainly before the end of this week.

Next steps will be: power management, battery/backlight support and
graphics speed improvement. I think we will release a set of images at
this point. Then, we'll add support for the "hardest" parts, Modem/3G
and Wifi/Bluetooth, along with GPS and sensors. This is going to take
much longer and we'll probably release images when significant progress
is made.

I have made a page to hold GTA04 status at:
http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Status
and it'll probably give more details as development goes on.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us
Wiki/Tracker:   http://redmine.replicant.us