[Gta04-owner] gta04 board can boot only outside freerunner case

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:01:58 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> P.S.: Because for kernel development purposes it's not so easy every time when
> new kernel must be tested unplug-copy-plug sd card and it is very time consuming
> could anybody share what is standard procedure? I was thinking about
> DFU but not sure what
> is status for gta04.

I would try kexec. First you have to install kexec-tools and enable
the kexec kernel option. Then you flash this kernel to the device and
boot into your test/development setup. When you have a new kernel
image to test, copy it to the gta04 (over USB/WiFi/BT..) and execute
something like
  kexec --command-line="`cat /proc/cmdline`" zImage
and your system will shut down and boot the new kernel. If it doesn't
work, pull the battery or press the power button long enough to switch
the device off and boot again. Your stable setup will boot and you can
access it over network to fix any issues.

HTH,
  Christoph