[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v40, no calls possible

Rainer Nerb rainer at it-nerb.org
Tue Feb 21 17:31:39 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share my experiences with my GTA04 and hope to get some
help:

    * every no and then after booting QtMoko doesn't start completely.
      It shows "no network" and when switching to task manager and back,
      there's the screen for entering the PIN but it's without an unlock
      button. This does even happen with SIMs on which PIN is disabled.
      After rebooting (sometimes more than one restart necessary) QtMoko
      starts normally.
    * calling out works so far that the remote phone rings, but there's
      only a click and a text-message indicating "gsm-voice-routing
      started". I can neither here a dial tone nor the person answering
      the call. The called person also can't hear anything. Sometimes
      messages about a broken pipe show up during calls.
    * same thing, when calling in.
    * I tried to record a message via "Voice Notes": it starts but the
      graph remains a straight line and nothing is recorded.
    * WLAN and usb-ethernet work
    * bluetooth doesn't (maybe not yet implemented?)
    * playing sound-files via speakers is working, but volume can't be
      adjusted (when trying to turn it down, it grew louder and ended in
      noise).
    * in "Power Management" I'm unable to set things for "When locked":
      immediately after selecting this option the screen turns black and
      my only option is to restart the device via ssh.

Hope those descriptions are understandable and sufficient, otherwise
just indicate what else is needed.

Thanks for all your work so far...
Rainer

IT Nerb GmbH