[Gta04-owner] where did reg-virt-consumer.4 go (WLAN)?

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 00:10:03 CET 2012

Hi list,

Since switching to linux 3.2 I have not used WIFI. I tried to power on the
chip, but the address to echo 1 into is not available:

root at neo:/home/root/scritps# ls /sys/class/gpio/
export   gpio145  gpio23  gpiochip0    gpiochip160  gpiochip212  gpiochip64
unexport
gpio144  gpio176  gpio55  gpiochip128  gpiochip192  gpiochip32   gpiochip96
root at neo:/home/root/scritps#

root at neo:/home/root/scritps# ls /sys/devices/platform/reg-virt-consumer.
reg-virt-consumer.1/ reg-virt-consumer.2/ reg-virt-consumer.3/

I have the firmware at /lib/firmware, and ran the same commands as in
/opt/qtmoko/bin/wifi-poweron,sh and on the "wireless" page [1]

By the way, [1] mentions ttyHS3 being renamed to ttyHS4 during startup. That
does not help so much, other than that the renaming has been noted before,
under somewhat different conditions than after an incoming call.

(which log would I check, apart from dmesg,

[1] http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Wireless/