[Gta04-owner] Some questions about the GTA04A4

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Sun Feb 12 10:52:18 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:10:44AM -0800, Jack Jones wrote:
> just to clarify folks--when coming to the formatting of the sd card the final stages:Isthe command[ mkfs.msdos -F  32 /dev//sdd1 -n
>                                    or:    mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sdd1
>
> or are these commands the same,,

In my system both mkfs.vfat and mkfs.msdos are symbolic links to mkdosfs. So I believe they do the same.
-n is the parameter for the volume name which is not very important, just for your legibility.

>i notice there  is no vfat    filesystem in the partition table---can you advise me here?

I don't understand
Do you mean there is no partition marked as type c (VFAT 32)? That would be a problem
Or that there is such a partition but it does not contain a filesystem. That's ok
mkfs.vfat task is to create the filesystem.