[Gta04-owner] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Amazing adventures with a brandnew GTA04...

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:00:41 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Jack Jones <sanctuarys3172 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> unbreakable/motherboard
> can be irreveresibly damaged

If you try hard, I can immagine that you will find a way to damage it.
It you don't mess with the hardware and just use the provided MLO.
u-boot and kernel images I'm pretty sure the board can't be damaged
just because you wrote some fancy software. Even compiling your own
kernel won't do any harm if you do not try hard to mess with the
lowest level kernel code. Even if you mess around with GPIOs and you
manage to get a short circuit, the current and temperature protection
of the power controller should kick in and switch everything off.

The easiest way to destroy the board is probably ESD. When installed
into the case, this should not be an issue. All connectors have
additional protection against ESD. Just don't touch the components on
the board when you might carry an electrostatic charge. In general,
just don't touch the components at all. Before messing around with the
board discharge yourself by touching your heating appliance or your
water-tap.

Does this answer your question?

Christoph