[Gta04-owner] An attempt to 3d-print battery a cover with the hole

Denis Shulyaka shulyaka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:56:15 CET 2012

Hi list,

After seing in this list a battery cover 3d-printed, and realizing
that 3d-printing of the GTA04 phone is actually possible, I decided to
make my own attempt to create a case without sacrificing of the hole
and buttons. I have only printed the battery cover so far. However I
made a mistake and it was unsuccessfull actually because my model has
too big hole and it couldn't fit into the case. Anyway, I'm not giving
up and hope to fix this bug soon and to make the buttons printable
also.

My work is based on official Openmoko CAD files and on Lukas Märdian's
work (http://blog.slyon.de/2012/01/02/building-a-case-for-the-goldelico-gta04/).

Photos can be found here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Shulyaka

The battery cover was printed by i.materialise in polyamide. The part
fells as strong as the original one (even the small details are good)
but not finished very well which is not a big issue.