[Gta04-owner] Glueing the PCB with the LCD module

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Dec 22 17:33:21 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 22.12.2012 um 17:11 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> "Matias Jose Seco" <matiasjoseseco at care2.com> writes:
>
>> I've found that i can't glue the PCB with the LCD module,
>> being the tape distant enough from the module.
>> Nevertheless, closing the front cover it stays in it's correct place.
>
> I think I found that too.  As far as I know, it hasn't been a problem.

The silver "cushions" can be pressed together a little so that it fits.
For operation inside a case it is not necessary that they are glued,
but if you open the display front it is better that the display does
not fall off (and breaks the cable). That is the main reason why we
still glue the display.

The GTA02 has it glued quite heavily so that it is easier to destroy
the display than getting it off...

The best way would be in between both, but we have not found
components that we can buy in small quantities. If we aim for
10k units there are many companies willing to help us and
laser cut exactly fitting part.