[Gta04-owner] Debian/SD card installation instructions

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sat Dec 22 01:21:42 CET 2012

after apprently having screwed up my debian/sid on sd beyond booting (just
reverted from kernel 3.5 back to 2.6.32 and then the GTA04 refused to boot
 from SD), i attempt to set up a new SD card.
but the installation instructions as per

> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/

rather confuse me -- they still talk of makesd, boot.scr and other stuff i
seem to recall to be obsolete for a while now.

> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-rootfs/

even mentions still the "special format" the SD card supposedly needs.
on the other hand i am unable to patch up a valid and concise description
 from the list.

is there a clear, consistent and up-to-date description somewhere how to
go about installing a normal, production (no flash/u-boot/qui/... update
or whatever) ready debian?