[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko] MicroSD Partitioning on GT04A4

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 19 13:39:10 CET 2012

On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 01:24:27 PM Matias Jose Seco wrote:

> Other than official instructions (
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/)
>
> - I've found that ,for SD partitioning, they were special operations to
> perform partitioning for GTA04 Debian rootfs (
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-rootfs/), does this apply for
> QtMoko too?
> - Is swap partition needed?

For normal operation not. Normally QtMoko eats ~80MB RAM, so you have ~400MB
of free RAM.

Maybe for running some big apps like openoffice or compiling something big. I
dont use swap at all on GTA04.

> - Is it better to partition with fdisk, gdisk or gparted?

I use fdisk, other should work too.

> - Can i store all media files in the ext4 poartition along with qtmoko
> rootfs?

Yes, you can place them in /home/root/Documents

> If is better to post this things on qtmoko mailinglist i'll do it

We dont have one ;-)

Regards

Radek