[Gta04-owner] Power management during night with QtMoko v50 and kernel 3.5

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 15 20:38:30 CET 2012

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 06:08:28 PM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm using QtMoko v50 with kernel 3.5 for a while now. It works well
> thanks !
>
> I've just a question about power management :
> I'm used to plug my phone before going sleep and found it 100% charged
> when I wake up (before, I had some 'dumb' nokia phones).
>
> But, if I make the same with the GTA04A4, the battery icon is yellow (I
> think that's about 50%). Is it intended to save battery life or some
> other reasons ?
>
> I don't know power management, but I think it could be good to charge
> phone up to 100%, then let it discharge up to 60% and charge it again
> and so on. Could it reduce battery life (because of too many cycles or
> some things like that) or that's already implemented and I don't sleep
> enough (or just too many) ?

I dont have much knowledge here, but i can tell how it works for me. I have
two batteries - one old and one brand new. With the new battery it works as
you write and expect. The old one charges to full and starts discharging - but
charging never triggers up again and even on charger the battery discharges to
zero.

The best workaround here is to lock the screen and let it suspend even on
charger. It will charge full and discharge slowly then so your battery can be
like 70..80% full in the morning.

Since this is electrical/kernel stuff, i cant help much more here.

Regards

Radek