[Gta04-owner] Power management during night with QtMoko v50 and kernel 3.5

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Sat Dec 15 18:08:28 CET 2012

Hello!

I'm using QtMoko v50 with kernel 3.5 for a while now. It works well
thanks !

I've just a question about power management :
I'm used to plug my phone before going sleep and found it 100% charged
when I wake up (before, I had some 'dumb' nokia phones).

But, if I make the same with the GTA04A4, the battery icon is yellow (I
think that's about 50%). Is it intended to save battery life or some
other reasons ?

I don't know power management, but I think it could be good to charge
phone up to 100%, then let it discharge up to 60% and charge it again
and so on. Could it reduce battery life (because of too many cycles or
some things like that) or that's already implemented and I don't sleep
enough (or just too many) ?

Regards,
Adrien