[Gta04-owner] QtMoko mic volume

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Mon Aug 27 19:53:28 CEST 2012

Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:44:20 +0100
> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:
>
>> Therefore, _maybe_ the only change that A3 needs is for the "Voice
>> route" control to be "Voice to SoC" instead of "Voice to twl4030".
>>
> I am quite sure I have tested the Voice to SoC setting with software routing.
> I see  no reason why that should not work in a A3. So just a separate audio
> state file for A3 and the software routing daemon should be enough.

I've confirmed now that this works.  Radek, please could you include the
first patch below in the next QtMoko?

In addition, I found a better experience from reducing the mic capture
volume a bit, and increasing the playback volume; a separate patch for
that is also below.

(Both changes are relative to the v47 state files; for v48 I guess they
may need manual merging because of the kernel change.)

During testing I saw some minor problems.  I think they're unrelated to
the HW/SW routing switch, and also don't affect operation most of the
time, but for the record:

- On the first call attempt after a reboot, I sometimes got no audio at
  all.  But the second and later calls were always fine.

- From looking at AudioState logging, I think the alsactl commands often
  generate warning output.  The calling code interprets this as an error
  and repeats the alsactl up to 8 times.  This is inefficient, but I
  don't think it has an observable bad effect.

> Very important should also be the clock priority setting
> (AVADC Clock Priority).

Can you say more about that?  All the QtMoko state files have value
"Voice high priority".  Is that correct?

Thanks,
        Neil