[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v44

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Apr 18 00:51:21 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 17 April 2012 14:06:33 Michele Brocco wrote:

> I tried your multiboot approach by doing the following:
> - I created a gta04-init directory within the fat partition (otherwise
> the shutdown menu does not show any option)
> - I created a directory called /distros/SHR an putted the SHR rootfs inside
> - I selected SHR from the dropdown menu and restarted the device
>
> unfortunately it only moves the shr kernel to the fat partition but
> does not load the shr rootfs. instead it starts the qtmoko rootfs. it
> also does not reset the correct kernel after rebooting. what step am I
> missing if I want to use multiboot with the UI? I know that I can fix
> this by writing the correct parameteres into the bootdev file, but
> from your youtube video it seems that should go automatically just b
> using the qtmoko UI.

Hi,
please forget my last mail. You will either need to boot SHR with QtMoko's
kernel or compile my gta04-init to SHR kernel as initramfs. This was the
reason why i was asking if SHR could use this initramfs system too - so that
we can easily boot between distributions.

This way SHR ignores bootdev file.

Regards

Radek