[Gta04-owner] gta04 audio patches

John Ogness gta04 at ogness.net
Mon Sep 5 14:34:28 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-05, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> Try adding the platform_device at the end of
>> sound/soc/omap/gta04-voice.c:gta04_voice_soc_init() instead of in
>> arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3gta04.c.
>
> Hm. It has exactly the same NULL pointer problem.  Comes only a
> little later, after successfully initializing the twl4030 codec.

I will need to take some time and actually look at what that driver is
doing. Until now I only provided the glue for the audio-soc stuff. I
have not looked at the actual codec drivers.

I might find some time tonight to look at this. (A quick glance at
some of the other drivers shows that they all have their own creative
way of setting themselves up.)

> Could you recommend a simple (non-i2c) codec that is known to work?
> I.e. which codec driver are you loading to make your McBSPs work?

The board I am using is wired with the tlv320aic3x.c and twl4030.c
codecs. (i2c is not any more complex than non-i2c.)

John Ogness