[Gta04-owner] gta04 audio patches

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Sep 5 14:20:18 CEST 2011

Am 05.09.2011 um 12:36 schrieb John Ogness:

> On 2011-09-05, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> I have now added one (see last git push) and now the codec is being
>> loaded.  But there is a kernel NULL pointer problem. Most likely by
>> this line from sound/soc/codec/gtm601.c:
>>
>> static int gtm601_codec_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
>> {
>> 	socdev->card->codec = codec;
>>
>> it appears that there is no card assigned to the socdev. I think we
>> have a different symptom of the same problem.
>
> Interesting driver. It expects that it is already linked into the
> soc-audio framework. Try adding the platform_device at the end of
> sound/soc/omap/gta04-voice.c:gta04_voice_soc_init() instead of in
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3gta04.c.

Hm. It has exactly the same NULL pointer problem.
Comes only a little later, after successfully initializing the twl4030 codec.

So either we miss something important for initialization, or the
Wolfson driver I have used as a codec skeleton is simply broken (maybe
wasn't updated to fit into a 2.6.32 kernel).

Could you recommend a simple (non-i2c) codec that is known to work?
I.e. which codec driver are you loading to make your McBSPs work?