[Gta04-owner] Upgrading from stable to testing?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 28 15:55:30 CEST 2011

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:24:32 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:

> Perhaps unwisely, I did a general upgrade to testing, and the result
> now is
> that I can't ssh into the new system...

Disregarding my specific SSH problem, which is probably just config
somewhere, is there any general reason why it would be a bad idea to
upgrade the GTA04's Debian rootfs to testing?  Are there any specific
package upgrades which are known or expected to be problematic?

Also (and slightly relatedly), regarding trying out the 3.1 kernel: is
it sufficient to unpack the modules into the existing rootfs, and
install the uImage in the FAT partition?

Thanks,
         Neil