[Gta04-owner] Now it is official

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 23:56:19 CEST 2011

On Sunday 16 October 2011 14:20:07 Sam Tygier wrote:
> On 13/10/11 10:03, Peter Klassen wrote:
> > Hi List,
> > just a short note, (...) now it is official, i am an EA-owner :)
> mine arrived on friday :-) running loose for now as getting it into the
> case looks fiddly.
> big thanks  to all the folk behind this.

Mine was there today :-) No proof on photo yet, but the board does fit into
case with hardly any fiddling. Instead of using an hairdryer I put the
GTA02+display in the oven at 50 degrees for ten minutes (making sure I didn't
touch the combi function :-x ). Then not only the glue on the tape was soft,
but the glue under the black rubbery patch as well. After that it was
relatively easy to take the display of.

I couldn't make up from the manual where exactly the touch screen flatcable
was connected, but I recalled it was an integrated module after picking the
display off. Conclusion: after disconnecting the display flatcable, there's
only the tape holding the components together and you have to be careful with
the conductive pads, but not with any invisible cables (correct me if I'm
wrong though, an I inadvertisedly cut through a bunch of cables ;-) )

The USB OTG connector needs hardly more space than the original mini usb
connector, so after scratching of just bits of the corners the board fit in
nicely.

So far the only test has been whether the backlight turns on: preparing the
uSD has to wait till tomorrow or after.

Thanks all of you who are to blame for putting the Phoenux in my hands :-)

Boudewijn