[Gta04-owner] Now it is official

Sam Tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 14:20:07 CEST 2011

On 13/10/11 10:03, Peter Klassen wrote:
> Hi List,
> just a short note, because the mail man surprised me while i was
> preparing to go to work... after putting my signature on a touch
> sensitive display, he gave me an unimpressive a4 envelope. Guess what
> was included in it! Yeah, right the content of this envelope was in
> contrast way more impressive. So now it is official, i am an EA-owner :)
>
> it's like Xmas
> thank you guys and happy unpacking to the others
>
> papa-piet

mine arrived on friday :-) running loose for now as getting it into the case looks fiddly.

http://www.hep.manchester.ac.uk/u/sam/pub/gta04_firstboot.jpeg

some tips:
with a usb to serial use:
screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200
(same as beagleboard)

also in the makesd script i think the umount calls should be replaced with:
if mount | grep ${DEV}  ; then echo ${DEV} "is mounted, exiting" ; exit; fi
that should lower the risk of someone running it with the wrong DEV. also the current umount calls would ignore a sdX3 partition if that existed.

big thanks  to all the folk behind this.

sam