[Gta04-owner] Complete GTA04 phones

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Oct 11 10:20:01 CEST 2011

Am 11.10.2011 um 09:47 schrieb Manuel Dejonghe:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Alexander Lehner
> <lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de> wrote:
>> There were discussions in the past about re-creating the cover, but this
>> plastic stuff seems even more complex/expensive/unnecessary than making
>> PCBs.
>> Also, 3D-printing does not yet provide the required accuracy for the
>> opensourced designs.
>
> Professional 3D-printing certainly has the required accuracy and is
> not as expensive as many think.

Do you have current pricing? Our research done last year revealed that it
is still too expensive or does not have the required material quality. We have
not updated that for a year, so the situation may have become better.

> And the amateur/home 3D-printing is cheap enough to go through many
> iterations to get it perfect :)
>
> I own one of those 3D-printers, I'd be happy to send around a print or
> to adapt the files if I can get hold of a defunct electronics.

That would be great if you could do some experiments!

I think you don't even need defunct electronics, but the 3D CAD
files. If you really need something I can send you a broken GTA02
motherboard.

Here they are (Pro/E is the original and the others are converted):

	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/CAD/

I would suggest that you start trying to print an AUX or Power button.
Or just the middle case part.

Please let us know any good or bad results.