[Gta04-owner] GTA04A4 PCBs for "From Stock" units have arrived

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 7 10:43:31 CET 2011

On Wednesday 07 December 2011 09:05:22 Stefan Wildemann wrote:

> Can somebody with hands on a working device just give a short summary
> about what's working? As far as I know this should be a success story.

You can read some info here:

http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-December/000887.html

I have upgraded to 3.2 kernel now so now also works backlight and battery
driver.

What is currently preventing it from usable phone is power management. On 3.2
kernel - if the battery driver reports correct values, i have current about
400mA which means 3 hours before the battery is depleted. This is blocker for
usable phone - i am also afraid that too often charging/discharging will soon
kill my battery.

I think the situation with 2.6.32 kernel is a bit better. With 3.2 kernel the
battery depleted even on charger so that the phone wont boot at all. After
going back to 2.6.32 and few minutes in charger it booted again.

IMO it will be good as phone when power management is implemented. I think the
modem will work well - at least that's my experience from few days of testing.

Regards

Radek