[Gta04-owner] Linux 3.2-rc4 xorg & touchscreen

John Ogness gta04 at ogness.net
Mon Dec 5 21:03:08 CET 2011

On 2011-12-05, Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case you use the debian stable rootfs from goldelico and want to
> try the new 3.2 kernel, the touchscreen will stop working. To fix it
> either install a newer tslib or (what I did) upgrade to debian
> testing which includes a working version.

The problem is that the debian/stable tslib expects the kernel event
version (EV_VERSION) to be 0x10000. In Sep 2010 the kernel's event
version was changed to 0x10001. The newer tslib versions now check for
both versions.

If you want to stick with debian/stable, you can workaround the
problem by changing EV_VERSION (in include/linux/input.h of the kernel
source code) to 0x10000, and then recompile your kernel.

Note that this means your kernel won't support large scancodes. That
is a feature of the 0x10001 version. But you probably won't need that
feature if you are using debian/stable.

John Ogness