[Fso] FYI: Docs++

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Wed Mar 25 17:41:56 CET 2015

On Wed 25 March 2015 17:20:38 Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
> (I’m not planning to bring back a wiki, I think the github pull model works
> ok

I tend to disagree. Seen the github "wiki" fail to serve it's purpose for
several highly motivated people who refuse to learn git just to contribute to
a documentation - incl myself. Registering with git is either more complicated
(ssh pubkey, iirc that's what github requires, as a second step) than
registering with generic wiki, or ideally there's no difference. Operation of
git (incl providng such ssh pubkey) is simple for coders who are used to it,
*and for spam scripts* - it's a PITA for those who don't regularly use git and
are just interested in editing the wiki.

Bottom line: true wiki please! with edit permission only for registered users.
Apply usual safeguards (email verification) for registration and get rid of all
spam that way.

/j
--
()  ascii ribbon campaign