[Tinkerphones] ZeroPhone site offline

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jan 5 13:47:33 CET 2022

Hi all,

> Am 05.01.2022 um 01:28 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:

>>> Yes, we're back to the featurephone here! Maybe it needs doing after all.
>>
>> Well, not really.
>>
>> Making good phone calls does not require to reduce a device to feature
>> phone level.
>
> I wasn't being totally serious, but with regard to software, delivering a
> robust featurephone experience would be a start, even if it is on something
> which is capable of more.

back to the original question I looked around a little and it appears that
anyone could (have) plug(ed) togehter some "zerophone":

* RasPi Zero (W)
+ 4G/3G LTE HAT Modul für Raspberry Pi - e.g. https://www.rasppishop.de/4G-LTE-HAT
+ eInk display - e.g. https://www.rasppishop.de/27-Zoll-eInk-Display-fuer-Raspberry-Pi-GPIO

Well, what is missing is a 0-9#* keypad and buttons and a battery solution.

Another aspect is why I have written "(have) plug(ed)" - those components
are notavailable nowadays...