[Tinkerphones] OT: Banking in Germany (was: Strategies for sustainable phones)

Martin debacle at debian.org
Sat Sep 21 19:14:21 CEST 2019

On 2019-09-21 15:48, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> But the main problem I see (at least here in Germany) is that you can't live
> without a smartphone with Android or iOS any more, after banks are now requiring
> that you have a recent smartphone to run their new online banking apps.

Note: I live in Germany and do not own a mobile phone. My bank
uses the so-called "Sm at rt-TAN plus", where one inserts the bank
card. It reads some flickering code from the screen and displays
the TAN. It was less than 12 € in the electronics shop nearby.

(Btw. my bank is a cooperative, which means, I'm the owner.
Well, one of more than 2¹⁵ owners...)