[Tinkerphones] Gumstix Geppetto

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Sep 11 05:46:24 CEST 2018

> What I wonder, since I heard of this approach or the first time, is what the
> use-case is.
>
> The use-case seems to be for people without engineering experience, who explicitly
> need a custom designed PCB and can't live with any existing standard device,
> like a BeagleBone or Udoo neo plus a standard or custom designed "Cape"…

We have good electrical engineers, and do our own design for some things, but we just needed a daughterboard with a very specific set of interfaces for the Compute Module 3, in quantity of about a dozen, and this was a really cheap way to get the project done quickly, and have someone else debug all the interface drivers.  They delivered quickly, and we’ve had zero problems.  We’re very happy.

                                -Bill