[Tinkerphones] deb-packaging omap-uboot-utils

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jan 10 10:14:09 CET 2018

Hi,

> Am 09.01.2018 um 19:20 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:27:24 +0100
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Am 30.12.2017 um 13:07 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am just wondering why there is no debian package of omap-uboot-utils.
>>> It contains things like: pserial and pusb to boot an omap board without
>>> (or broken) installed software from a host computer.
>>
>> Well, I think there aren't many OMAP users in need of it. Almost all
>> boards can easily be unbricked by SD card and there are tons of descriptions.
>>
>> pserial has the reputation of being difficult, slow and last resort,
>> although that is not true (except slow).
>>
> hmm, interesting, If there is such trouble, I usually want to see what is
> going on the serial port. So pserial saves me of searching an unused microsd
> card.

Well, the majority of GTA04 users does not even have a serial cable or RS232
adapter for their GTA04. And you have to open the case to connect the cable.
So this is more work than searching an unused microsd.

>>> I have patched that and I am trying to upstream part of them.
>>>
>>> But now I am wondering about packaging it. Is there any reason why that
>>> is not in debian yet?
>>>
>>> So do we want to have it in our local repo?
>>>
>>> I am also thinking about having a letux-rescue package depending on that
>>> (and including or depending on a proper u-boot version) to be able to
>>> fix bootloader stuff and perhaps also boot a debian installer from
>>> there.
>>
>> Yes, I can add it if there is demand. I can either include .deb packages
>> if you already have them or build from scratch.
>>
> First I will wait for upstream integration of my bugfixes.

I think the simpler things have been integrated and missing is the dfu support from

	http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-uboot.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/kemnade/dfu_spl

Is this mature/stable enough to test it?

At the moment I am still blocked by testing and debugging the reworked Letux-Debian
repository (to make it handle packages for different Debian releases properly).