[Tinkerphones] PocketBeagle and Letux OS

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri Sep 29 01:26:02 CEST 2017

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 15:56:32 +0200, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I have received a handful of PocketBeagles and did
> start one - with the original SD card from our Letux Cortex 8
> board. And it boots and works fine :)
>
> Amazing.

Nice. This page looks like it describes how to build a kernel specifically
for the board:

https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/PocketBeagle

> So we have some PocketBeagles in our shop. Although it
> is not a phone (at least without adding a modem, speakers
> and a battery, maybe a display), buying one helps a little
> to keep this tinkerphones community and the Letux-OS project
> alive :)

I was already looking at USB plug computers so this is an interesting
development.

I may well order one at some point depending on currency exchange rates and
shipping costs. The cost of shipping a board to the UK is around €40, which
is OK, but if that means shipping a board to Norway would be around the same
price then I will get screwed by customs/import charges.

So it looks like either I will order a board to collect from the UK later or
wait for a more favourable EUR->NOK exchange rate.

David