[Tinkerphones] Fun with BME280 inside GTA04A5

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Sep 16 21:57:32 CEST 2017

Hi,
since we a re a tinkerphones community, I just had
some fun with the GTA04A5 I want to share :)

Maybe you know that there is a BME280 inside. It
is a combined barometer, thermometer, hygrometer
sensor chip.

And it has full Letux kernel support so that it
works out of the box.

It was simple to do some readout:

	cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device5/in_humidityrelative_input

Here is the full sequence when breathing upon
the sensor (of a board not installed in the case):

root at letux:~# while true; do cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device5/in_humidityrelative_input; sleep 1; done
35.765625000
35.619140625
35.653320312
35.229492187
34.966796875
35.059570312
35.277343750
35.345703125
35.187500000
34.867187500
34.319335937
34.194335937
34.033203125
33.850585937
33.863281250
33.989257812
33.829101562
33.588867187
33.577148437
33.348632812
40.830078125
62.406250000
58.521484375
52.949218750
47.276367187
42.171875000
41.866210937
41.102539062
40.726562500
40.646484375
40.168945312
39.360351562
38.664062500
38.346679687
37.536132812
36.506835937
36.107421875
36.200195312
36.314453125
36.372070312
36.076171875
35.734375000
35.745117187
35.675781250
35.688476562
35.424804687
^C
root at letux:~#

When breathing upon it, the relative humidity goes up
quickly and then decreases slowly back to the original
range.

Does this trigger new ideas for user interfaces?

Now I am curious: what are you currently tinkering with your phones?

-- hns