[Tinkerphones] New tinkerphone gadgets in Goldelico shop?

j j1441 at vfemail.net
Tue Nov 14 18:20:12 CET 2017

you can get universal battery chargers in Ebay, they are spring loaded and have charge pins that can be moved side to side to accommodate most cell phone batteries

On November 14, 2017 10:00:05 AM MST, Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk> wrote:
>Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-11-14 17:37:27)
>> Am 13.11.2017 um 12:05 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk>:
>>> Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-11-13 11:38:07)

>>> Uhm, I withdraw my promise to buy one, until I understand if it is
>>> gonna be a frankenstein model: I would want something sensible to
>>> survive carrying in a pocket (and the pocket surviving that too).
>>
>> It looks as if the thing can be designed for three different
>positions
>> for different USB connectors. The standard USB at one end, the µUSB
>at
>> the other and the Mini-USB (GTA04) perpendicular to the board surface
>
>> so that it does not stick much away from the GTA04 body. It is like I
>
>> already do it for the Qi-Charger.
>>
>> There is no need to install them all three in parallel, so you won't
>> see the "Frankenstein" :) You just get the same PCB and controller
>> chip.
>
>Ah, understood. Sounds good!
>
>To me, "Frankenstein" means "things sticking out oddly" - so gaping
>holes for things that _can_ stick out is indeed not, and bonus points
>if
>covered up to not be "gaping" :-)
>

>> I am also now thinking about placing components on both sides of the
>> PCB to make it smaller than the original FST-01. This is a little
>more
>> tricky for production, but if we build batches of let's say 10 or 12
>> it doesn't really matter.
>
>I would appreciate a more compact design, even if adding a bit to
>production costs (or waiting a bit longer for a larger batch to queue
>up).
>
> - Jonas
>
>--
> * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
> * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
> [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!

15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!

Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!