[Tinkerphones] New tinkerphone gadgets in Goldelico shop?

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Tue Nov 14 18:00:05 CET 2017

Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-11-14 17:37:27)
> Am 13.11.2017 um 12:05 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <jonas at jones.dk>:
>> Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2017-11-13 11:38:07)
>>> Hm. I wonder if we can build/design one with multiple plugs so that
>>> one-fits-all.
>>
>> Uhm, I withdraw my promise to buy one, until I understand if it is
>> gonna be a frankenstein model: I would want something sensible to
>> survive carrying in a pocket (and the pocket surviving that too).
>
> It looks as if the thing can be designed for three different positions
> for different USB connectors. The standard USB at one end, the µUSB at
> the other and the Mini-USB (GTA04) perpendicular to the board surface
> so that it does not stick much away from the GTA04 body. It is like I
> already do it for the Qi-Charger.
>
> There is no need to install them all three in parallel, so you won't
> see the "Frankenstein" :) You just get the same PCB and controller
> chip.

Ah, understood. Sounds good!

To me, "Frankenstein" means "things sticking out oddly" - so gaping
holes for things that _can_ stick out is indeed not, and bonus points if
covered up to not be "gaping" :-)

> I am also now thinking about placing components on both sides of the
> PCB to make it smaller than the original FST-01. This is a little more
> tricky for production, but if we build batches of let's say 10 or 12
> it doesn't really matter.

I would appreciate a more compact design, even if adding a bit to
production costs (or waiting a bit longer for a larger batch to queue
up).

 - Jonas