[Community] low power display - Re: Community Digest, Vol 44, Issue 3

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Jan 4 19:43:30 CET 2016

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 21:40:45 +1300
myself <myself at inbox.com> wrote:

> I would like to have a device with something like a Pixel Qi display.
> The user can choose between color (back-lit) or grey (sun-readable).
> I have seen, tested and enjoyed this only in the OLPC so far.
>
> http://liliputing.com/2015/01/pixel-qi-dead-low-power-displays-not.html

Well, just use displays like the old ipaqs, color with backlight on
darkness, no backlight needed in sunlight (or even some light), also
with colors. Well, resolution of my ipaq h2200 was only 240x320. But
having that display with 480x640 would be really, really great.

Then there is the Letux pda which has also a color display readable in
sunlight, or with backlight in darkness. But imho that one
needs more light to be readable without backlight. But that one
is a pda and not a phone.

Regards,
Andreas Kemnade