[Community] We got a cool web site. How improve?

wonderphone at posteo.de wonderphone at posteo.de
Mon May 12 21:33:13 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Thank you for the updates on the mailing list software and the offer to
use the existing ideas and demo websites.

Let me share an observation:

- The power management testing thread died out relatively quickly
- The kernel 3.15 driver optimization thread died out right away
- The new website thread was answered by the usual suspects who already
have a lot to do.

Although all the people on the list are enthusiastic or at least
interested, I believe we either do a lot for the project already or we
have other commitments that keep us from doing more or we have other
greater interest (but that is ok too ;-) ). I wonder whether we could
enable people from the first and the second group to find more time for
the tedious work if the project did not only eat up resources, i. e.
time, but also returns resources, i. e. money.

We will start a new web page without money and will also get quite far,
but I would like to raise the topic of financing and financial
compensation in a new thread. Let me make this clear: monetary
compensation will only the be a small supplement to the heroic fame and
the wealth of experience that you can win in this community ;-)

Oliver