[Community] phone as keyboard

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 09:28:56 CEST 2014

On 1-5-2014 13:40, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> You might want to try to resurrect old ReMoko project
That quite well may be just it :-) From the old wiki [0]:
"Have one Neo work as a keyboard for another Neo (which becomes the
screen)! (should be possible even now i guess) "
May I get around to actually picking it up (excuses for the pitiful
commitment...:-( ), there might even be an option to integrate IR-remote
as well. The details of the different IR-protocols and LEDs are still
not so clear to me: there was discussion before on what was and what was
not possible (eg., [1], but earlier as well if I recall correctly).
Anyway, keyboard would be my first goal ;-)

On 1-5-2014 15:16, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Also - FWIW, BTW, and in the wider field of keyboard/input - I have an
> accelerometer-based Dasher input system nearly working on my GTA04.
That's quite nice as well :-) I'm not familiar enough with Dasher to
know whether it has an option to enable high scores, but if so, in
combination with a spelling dictionary, it could double as an
educational game: who flies through the highest string of letters that
makes valid words ;-)

Best regards,

Boudewijn

[0] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/ReMoko