[Community] RDS-TMC traffic data

Ryan de Laplante ryan at ryandelaplante.com
Tue Jan 28 18:52:56 CET 2014

On Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:26:55 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > but I'm not sure what happens if the data is encrypted
>
> Well, it will arrive encrypted and some user-space daemon must be able to
> decrpyt. That is what software is good for :)

That's why my original idea was to use one of the external antennas from a
TomTom or Garmin navigation systems. You buy a lifetime subscription and it
handles the proprietary decryption without legal issues... but I'm not sure
what the wire protocol looks like, or if it is even usable by 3rd party apps.

Ryan