[Community] GTA04A5 / Letux 2804

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 16 12:08:07 CET 2014

Am 16.01.2014 um 11:42 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:21:39 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > Ok, please help to fix the power management (in the latest kernel because
> > everything else makes no sense to me and is unlikely to get outside
> > support).
>
> I dont know how good/bad is PM in 3.12 kernel. But IIRC last time it was much worse then 3.7. So the starting point could be to compare 3.7 and 3.12 and get the PM to the level it is in 3.7.

Hm. I think the starting point should be to check if your assumption that 3.12 is worse is still correct with the 3.12.7 kernel. Also because in the 3.12.7 kernel we have included all the 3.7 kernel patches.

There are three potential reasons:
a) at the time you tested there might have been a kernel bug, that may have been fixed by now (or may be still be open)
b) we may have damaged one of the 3.7 improvements while merging/rebasing
c) someone (in the Linux kernel community) has rewritten a kernel driver that we use and that now draws more mA.

Most likely it is a single subsystem that does not work correctly any more.

But without testing we will never know if it is really worse.

The 3.12.7 kernel sources are here:

https://github.com/goldelico/gta04-kernel/tree/3.12.7

PS: if someone wants to take a look into 3.13-rc7 - https://github.com/goldelico/gta04-kernel/tree/3.13-rc7