[Community] Status Neo900

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jan 7 18:02:13 CET 2014

Hi all,
to give everybody a short status notice:

* it appears that we have now located 3 sources (real quotations) for surplus stock of the display connector.
  Sourcing this connector is (let's hope: was) by far the biggest roadblock [1].
  But if you have been hesitation to support this project [2], the risk that we can't succeed has become
  much lower now.
* We have received a "trial copy" of the next version of the PCBs to check for better mechanical compatibility
  (the buttons and the mounting holes did have an offset of ca. 0.1 - 0.5 mm)
* we have started to collect the WiFi+BT (+FM+NFC) modul/chip options to do a well founded decision soon [3]

Nikolaus

[1]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo900/issues/536/
[2]: http://neo900.org/#donate
[3]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/neo900/issues/546/