[Community] Repair MicroUSB socket

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:22:59 CEST 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM, David Ayers <ayers at fsfe.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my MicroUSB socket just broke off of the circuit board of my N900.  I
> assume that when the Neo900 innards arrive, it will contain a correctly
> positioned socket, at which time the issue should be moot.
>
> But in the meantime it would be great if could still use the phone.
> Would it seam feasible to have such a socket repaired/replaced?
>
> Is there anyone/ any small business on this list who would offer this
> repair?  Preferably in Austria [Vienna] but Germany [esp. Berlin] would
> be fine also.

I will be in Vienna to visit the Linuxwochen and could resolder the
socket onto the board (if the pads are still there) but since I do not
know what usually breaks (solder joint, pcb-pad, ...) and how to open
the device you probably need to assist me in these two points. Infos
on both can probably be found on the Internet somewhere...

Best regards,
  Christoph