[Community] Antwort: Re: OpenPhoenux News

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:16:08 CEST 2012

Hi Sven,

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de> wrote:
> I added the smily because I thought the idea never could be realized due to
> the limited space on the board

This heavily depends on the new design and on the DTV chipset used.
There are single-chip tuner and demodulator solutions out there which
could result in a complete receiver as small as 15mm² (just a guess).

> and especially due to the very big antenna

The antenna won't be inside the case, but you could attach an external
one using some sort of connector (just like GPS).

> Is it a real option to put a DVB-T receiver on a GTA05? This would mean that

Not until we find a good chip(set). Then the probability is slightly
higher. But I can't promise anything ;-)

> I don't have to carry my TechniSat DigitMobil 3 all the time with me any
> more. This would mean I could carry the GTA05 all the time with me. This
> would mean that my need for low power drainage during power off would be
> obsolete...

:D

Best regards,
  Christoph