[Community] Learning from Apple...

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 12 11:22:13 CEST 2012

Am 12.06.2012 um 10:43 schrieb Sven Dyroff:

> And of course it's pure by accident that the meaning of the name of your company "Golden Delicious" is a cultivar of an...

Well, this is an intentional accident... The company has its roots in writing software for the Mac OS X
platform, before the iPhone arrived and the whole i-ecosystem became more and more a walled garden
fighting against FLOSS.

The current focus is to make "digital tools for independent people", i.e. freedom and independence is
an important goal. Although it is very difficult to achieve and sometimes needs compromises.

On the other hand this needs independent people to make such digital tools. And I think we, the
community, are such Indies [1].

Finally it shows how much fruits can change the world. Starting with the story of Adam and Eve...

So the cultivar of the apple is indeed important :)

[1]:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_(disambiguation) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_design