[Community] What software are we still missing on GTA04 distributions?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Thu Jul 26 00:52:15 CEST 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:00:41 +0200 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Please just write down what you are missing. This might help the
> software projects to get directions and motivation (because someone
> is interested in their work).
>

> Other:
> *
> *

Reliable firmware for the GSM module?

I've recently started noticing the problem where an incoming call causes the
firmware to crash on occasion.  I think Radek avoided that by disabling 3G or
similar (Radek: what was the command to do that?).

Also sometimes it just fails to register properly - it is weird.  It seems
to be registered and knows which carrier it is with and gets signal strength
updates, but incoming and out-going calls just don't work.  Even a
power-cycle doesn't fix things.
I pull the SIM out and put it in another phone and it works fine.  Put it
back in the GTA04 again, and it works again.

Also I don't get cell-id updates (in .au most cells report a name saying
which suburb they are in).  That all worked with GTA02, but not with GTA04.

Sometimes when I send a TXT the response seems to indicate that it wasn't
sent, but actually it was.  I don't have logs of exactly what the response is
in that case.

So if there were some way to try out a newer firmware, I'd be keen to give it
a go.

NeilBrown