[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.15 progress / device tree migration
Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Tue May 20 15:08:24 CEST 2014
Linus appears to have had a week of vacation, because there were no merges by him until this morning.
So we are still with 3.15-rc5.
Progress is slow but more and more things start to work...
* Marek has fixed Audio config so that sound cards appear
* I have extended the BMA180 driver so that it appears to work with device tree
* Marek has fixed the cpufreq stuff
* I have added (untested) LIS302 support for GTA04A3 boards
* Marek has an idea why our xorg.conf is no longer working
See the different "work" branches here:
The next steps will be to integrate all that into our tree and test and test...
And fix the GPS/WiFi/BT issues.
Other news to notice:
* I have reworked the method to produce Debian/LXDE and Production SD images
* it now uses a qemu virtual machine (previously it needed installation on a real GTA04 and pulling the image from a physical SD card)
* so production images (for flashing latest U-Boot and NAND images) will be more up-to date soon
If you don't know or remember what I mean with "Production Image", please refer to:
(Note: we are still in Phase 3 to make DT based kernels god enough for flashing to NAND)
More information about the Gta04-owner