[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] About the PVR CedarView DDK

Alif Ilhan alifilhan0 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:09:29 CET 2020

I am curious about what we can get from the 1.7 DDK, which is for the
CedarView chipset. As far as I know it used the closed source OpenGL ES 2
binary driver (that wasn't even enough to run a desktop environment)
provided from Intel a long time ago and it doesn't work anywhere above
kernel 3.2 . I know this isn't about the userspace but I want to know will
it give some sort of acceleration like the GMA500 driver which gave 2D
acceleration. Although work is going on to remove these 2D codes from the
kernel since it is performing so bad that CPU acceleration is better than
that in every way. So, I might be asking absurd questions but I really want
to know will it provide some sort of acceleration?
Thanks,
Alif