[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] New version letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 available

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Tue Feb 18 15:06:28 CET 2020

* H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [200218 05:42]:
> Hi Tony,
>
> > Am 17.02.2020 um 23:19 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
> >
> > * H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [200217 21:48]:
> >> letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc2 will be different of course but also
> >> stay stable.
> >
> > Argh no.. Please just stop doing this pointless weekly respinning
> > of branches stuff. There's absolutely no point setting up a new
> > git branch for every Linux -rc kernel every week. That's just
> > silly.
>
> No. I have explained the reasons.

Sorry this rebuilding of git trees does not work for me for Linux
kernel driver development.

It's too much of a pain for me already and I only have two sets of
patches so far (for ddk 1.9 and ddk 1.17).

> > Let's make this git tree behave like a normal Linux development
> > git tree so we can use git in a standard way.
>
> You can use it in the way you have explained that you want to use it.
>
> Just take letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.6.0-rc1 and letux-pvrsrvkm-v5.7.0-rc1
> as your basis and ignore the others.
>
> I don't see where the problem is with this on your side.

Sorry to hear that. I'll just set up a new normal style git tree
for the driver development then.

Regards,

Tony