[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] how to run gles2test1

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Sat Nov 16 17:55:41 CET 2019

* Merlijn Wajer <merlijn at wizzup.org> [191116 03:06]:
> Hi,
>
> Progress. See video below. :)
>
> On 16/11/2019 02:46, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > * H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> [191115 14:31]:
> >> Hi,
> >> so far I have only used gles1test1 but now gound out how to run the gles2test1 (on OMAP5/Pyra):
> >>
> >> It just did tell me:
> >>
> >> root at letux:~# gles2test1 100
> >> --------------------- started ---------------------
> >> [   42.561320] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(0) busy when trying to configure it!
> >> [   42.568784] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(1) busy when trying to configure it!
> >> [   42.576324] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(2) busy when trying to configure it!
> >> [   42.584949] DSI: omapdss DSI error: VC(3) busy when trying to configure it!
> >> [   42.767103] dmtimer posted=0
> >> Error: Failed to open shader file 'glsltest1_vertshader.txt'!
> >> [   42.896790] dmtimer posted=0
> >> --------------------- finished ---------------------
> >
> > Hmm have not seen that one.. But then again, I only just got
> > droid4 working. Still no luck with the other boards :)
> >
> > For omap4, we need to use the old pvr-omap4-dkms kernel module
> > built for for droid4 after backporting some of your patches
> > from linux_openpvrsgx and fixing up the custom ioctl proxying
> > stuff.
> >
> > But yeah for the droid4 demos, xgles1test1, xgles2test1, and
> > xmultiegltest all do work now. And so does es2gears started
> > with a LD_PRELOAD wrapper. So there might be a regression
> > in the linux_openpvrsgx somewhere?
> >
> > FYI, it's here in testing-v5.4 branch with a README_DROID4:
> >
> > https://github.com/tmlind/pvr-omap4-dkms/tree/testing-v5.4
>
> In addition to these instructions, I needed:
>
> > # cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-omap.conf
> > Section "Device"
> >         Identifier      "Video Device"
> >         Driver          "omap"
> >         Option          "Debug"         "false"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "Screen"
> >         Identifier      "Screen"
> >         Monitor         "Monitor"
> >         Device          "Video Device"
> > EndSection

OK good catch. I just got lucky with that one as I copied
it from my known working system.

> And:
>
> > apt install xserver-xorg-video-omap

I think the way I ended up with having xserver-xorg-video-omap
installed on the maemo-leste devuan root is because I force
installed pvr-omap4 packages initially before noticing that's
not working well and uninstalling them.. So just pure luck
again :)

> I use this for init:
>
> > # cat ~/test-init.sh
> > #!/bin/sh
> > pvr=/root/pvr-omap4
> > LD_PRELOAD=\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libsrv_init.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libsrv_um.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libIMGegl.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libusc.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libpvrws_KMS.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libpvr2d.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libpvrws_WAYLAND.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libpvrws_OMAPDRI2.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libglslcompiler.so:\
> > ${pvr}/usr/lib/libEGL.so \
> > ${pvr}/usr/bin/pvrsrvinit
>
> Results in:
>
> https://wizzup.org/droid4-glestest.webm

Cool. And for reference with a similar LD_PRELOAD script
I got stellarium running too.

I've added your findings to the README_DROID4 file in
pvr-omap4-dkms.

Regards,

Tony