[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] Status & HW to bring

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 10:49:06 CET 2019

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:11 AM Merlijn Wajer <merlijn at wizzup.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going on a 5+ week work trip, but will have plenty of time outside
> of work, so I'd like to bring some SGX hardware.
>
> My question is, apart from a Motorola Droid 4 and a Nokia N900, what
> would make sense to bring? I have a Pandaboard ES and a Beaglebone Black
> (those also have SGX). I probably don't want to bring both, as I'll also
> be bringing other hardware with me... (Maybe just the phones make sense,
> since they have a display built in)
>
> The other question from me -- I've been reading all of the discussion,
> but haven't been diving into the kernel side of it too much, what is the
> current status and plan? The ultimate goal is a driver that works with X
> (and maybe Wayland), I assume. And there are a few devices where HNS has
> a working (and rendered) demo on the screen? (Right?)
>
> Does it make sense to write-out the plan, what components would be used?
>
> (e.g. updated kernel, compatible userspace, X11 modesetting driver, and
> dri3wsegl?)
>
> And as someone who generally prefers userspace to kernel hacking, what
> would be the best way to help out? I'm also fine offering advice for the
> next few weeks until kernel space is more in shape and we're more ready
> to focus on some compatible userspace.

I am also interested in helping, and I too, would like some guidance
as how to help.

I am just finishing up a series of extensive tests on the 5.4 kernel
for a few different devices that I maintain.  I wanted to get it done
while 5.4 was still in RC status since it'll be the next LTS kernel,
and some of the regressions holding me back were the removal of video
devices.

Now that I think it's behind me, I have some cycles to spend on
working on this as well.  I only have an AM3517, OMAP3530, and DM3730.
  Normally I avoid X due to the overhead, so for me being able to show
it with the DRM/FBDEV is preferred.

It's 3:48am for me, so I'm going back to bed.

adam