[OHSW.org] OHSW 2015 changes & Agenda

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Sa Okt 31 18:43:31 CET 2015

Hello everybody,

the OHSW is a community event, which is organized by the community for
the community. Due to low participation in this year's OHSW planning (by
now we have < 10 registrations and only 7 talk proposals, by even fewer
actively contributing people), we have decided to change the OHSW format
a little bit.

We can't fill 2 days with our small agenda, so we will cancel our
meeting on Sunday (29.11.2015). Still, we will all get together for
dinner on Friday evening (27.11.2015, 19:00) at the specified place
(Biergarten "Alte Heide").

On Saturday (28.11.2015) we will meet at the usual place (TUM Campus,
Garching), in order to discuss and talk about interesting topics
regarding free and open source hardware and software.

Our Agenda includes (but is not limited to) the following discussion points:
 * OpenPhoenux community
 * GTA04A5 development
 * Open solutions for accessibility
 * Letux Distribution, a Linux for portable and DIY devices
 * Hardware development with OMAP5 / Cortex A15
 * Freifunk
 * Neo900 open smartphone
 * Pyra open gaming handheld
 * Alternative mobiles: Fairphone, Jolla/Sailfish OS, FirefoxOS, Maemo

We will _not_ have a presentation for each of this topics, but rather an
open discussion, where everybody can participate and exchange knowledge
and ideas. In addition, there will be the possibility to give a
(spontaneous) lightning talk of max. 15min in front of the interested
audience (a projector is provided). And we will have a hands-on "Demo
Session" where the latest open hardware and free software gadgets can be
presented.

Due to the changed format, we will probably not be able to provide a
live stream of the ongoing discussion. But we will possibly publish some
of the lightning talks in our Youtube channel after the event.

Please check out our updated webiste at:
  http://www.ohsw.de

I'm looking forward to an interesting discussion and to meeting the
members of our community in person!

Best,
  Lukas